Electric vehicles are becoming more common, plans are in place to make Britain the forefront of the design and manufacturing of zero-emission vehicles, and for all new cars and vans to be effectively zero emission by 2040.
The Clean Van Commitment has been agreed by 16 of the UK’s largest fleet operators to have nearly 2,400 ZEV vans by 2020 and go completely zero emissions in cities by 2028.
The need for EV Charging points is growing daily; new properties have the option of an EV Charging point.
We are always looking for different ways to save the environment, let us help you do the same.
Here at Qudos Energy, we can offer you the installation and testing of EV charge points in your workplace premises, with options for both overground and underground car parks.
There are multiple ways of charging electric vehicles:
• Bollard type – Rolec Quantum EV Pedestal
• Wall mount – Rolec WallPod Fast charge
• SecuriCharge: EV Wall Unit (Coin/Token – PAYG)
Our qualified electricians have passed the Electric Vehicle Charging Course (City & Guilds 2919-01) and are registered with an EV charge point main dealer, which means we can provide the work required.
The following allowances are to be followed:
• When to use TT earthing
• Special precautions for connecting to TN-C-S (PME supplies)
• The use of electrical separation, isolating transformers and RCDs
• The need for a separate, dedicated electrical circuit for EV charging
Grant funding is available through the Electric Vehicle Home charge Grant (EVHS) or Workplace Charging Grant (WCS). This will have to be authorised by OLEV (The Office for Low Emission Vehicles) before any charge points are installed.
So, with Grant Funding, the costs are a lot lower.
Call us today to book an appointment for a free site survey; upon confirmation of what your requirements are we will arrange the government grant.
• The contribution is limited to 75% of purchase and installation costs, up to a maximum of £500 for each socket, up to a maximum of 20 across all sites for each applicant- Workplace
• The Electric Vehicle Home Charge Scheme (EVHS) provides grant funding of up to 75% towards the cost of installing electric vehicle charge points at domestic properties across the UK.
Call us on 01482 880390 or email us, firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
For more information on EV charging options take a look at Rolec